Monday 29 June 2009

Peaceful protests must not be met with violence



Photobucket

Ok everybody, here is my fourth Random Act of Kindness, and one that I'm going to get you all to do. I'm sure you are aware of the truely horrific political situation in Iran and of the courageous bravery of the pretestors who continue to practice their right to peacefully protest. Because of this bravery, people are now dying, Iranian state media has reported that at least 475 people have been arrested and 21 killed during post-election clashes. However the actual figures may well be much higher.Security forces have used tear gas, water cannons and beaten protesters with truncheons, this is wrong. I'm a member of Amnesty International, and a christian, so I'm one of those annoying people that thinks they have a responsibility to change things, (you should too! Join here.) It's blindingly obvious that what is going on with the elections in Iran is wrong, in this small way, we can try and show the Iranian government that we are watching them too :)
Please let the people protesting know that they are not alone as the Iranian authorities are attempting to suppress information by blocking websites and severely restricting foreign media, follow this link, and send an email to Mr Rasoul Movahedian - Iranian ambassador in the UK

follow this
link,
to send and email to Mr Movahedian


Anyway, in other, more cheerful news, I went to visit all my family and friends in Devon this weekend! Unfortuantely, I underestimated the power of the sun and got very, very burnt.....but not as burnt as my dad! (Who's legs now resemble lobsters) On the first day we went to a beach in South Milton with my parents' Godson Richard, and his family. This is Megan and Kathryn rock-pooling, they (I say they, it was megan) decided to do a bit of a modelling shoot..... And the Beach was looked after by a lovely, romantic Gay couple who put inspiring messages on the chalkboards each morning!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Yesterday we went with my Grandma to Dartmouth to have lunch and potter around, Dartmouth is a feast for the eyes, with cute sailing shops and really, really good Ice Cream :D
Unfortunately, a certain 16yrold was unable to eat the Ice Cream without getting it all down her!


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment